Welcome to the First Annual Blog Hop for...
Rett Syndrome Awareness
Your first stop should have been at Robin Lane's Blog, if you did not start there please go back to the beginning...
What is Rett Syndrome? Rett Syndrome is a devastating neurologic developmental disorder that occurs almost exclusively in girls. It is usually caused by a mutation of the MECP2 gene on the X chromosome. Rett Syndrome is found in all racial and ethnic groups throughout the world, and in every socioeconomic class. Rett Syndrome affects 1 in 15,000 female births.
Early developmental milestones appear normal, but between 6-18 months of age, there is a delay or regression in development, particularly affecting speech, hand skills and coordination. A hallmark of Rett Syndrome is the repetitive hand movements that may include seizures, irregular breathing, swallowing difficulties, and curvature of the spine. Many individuals with Rett Syndrome live well into adulthood.
There is currently no cure.
To raise awareness of this syndrome we are having a Disney Theme for our Blog Hop.
For my card I have decided to use one of the Disney Princesses, and not a frilly glittery one, but a strong independent one, Yes of course it is Pocahontas!!
Pocahontas is one of my daughters favourites, and insisted that I make her!! She is from the Cricut Cartridge Dreams Come True.
This cart is a must for any Disney Princess Lover.
The paper I have used are Kaisercraft Tiny Woods and the sentiment is from K Andrew Designs stamp set Positive Thoughts. (This set is currently 60% off) It fits perfectly with Pocahontas, she was the weaver of her own dreams!!
I used a glitter pen on the sentiment to enhance the sentiment, you can just see it in the photo above but looks so much better in person !!
We will have two lucky winners from this weekends blog hop.
You must be a follower of... http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
Leave a comment on each of the blogs to be entered to win one of the prizes.
Prize One is a Disney Princess Scrapbook Kit, and a few Goodies from the International Rett Syndrome Foundation, a bracelet, a pen, and a car magnet.
Prize Two is a Disney Theme Park Scrapbook Kit, and a few Goodies from the International Rett Syndrome Foundation, a bracelet, a pen, and a car magnet.
Along with the prizes I will be making two $5 donations to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation in each of the winners names in honor of Robin's Daughter.
Your next stop on the hop is Angie from Crazy "Scrap" Lady
Here is the list just in case you need it!!
- Robin L. - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
- Jenn Drowns Jackson - http://scraphappensembellishit.blogspot.com/
- Jamie Larsen - http://babyjaydensmommy.blogspot.com/
- Melissa Lipcsey - http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com/
- Melanie Rozwood - http://afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com/
- Ginger K. Morriello - http://www.createwithginger.com
- An'Jenic Gibson - http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
- Angela Tondini Chamness - http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/
- Julie McElhinney - http://www.thecricutchirp.com/
- Jennie Dewar - http://jenscrapstoo.blogspot.com/
- Angie Makein-Ashuk - http://crazyscraplady-angelpie.blogspot.ca/
- Anita Thibodeau - http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.com/
- Tess Lisiak Hilton - www.sassycricutcrafting.com
- Blog Candy - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/2012/10/disney-blog-hop-blog-candy.html
Have a Crafty Day, Cheers Jennie